Panoramique du Mont Bochor
Panoramique du Village
Front de neige
Created in 1963, Vanoise National Park covers the mountain range between the Tarentaise Valley to the north and the Maurienne Valley to the south. Extending to the Italian border, it shares a 14 kilometer boundary with Italy’s Grand Paradis National Park, sister park since 1972. The two parks make up the largest natural protected area in Western Europe.
Pralognan is one of the main gateways to this natural Wonder.
Located between the high valleys of Maurienne and Tarentaise, the Vanoise National Park contains high mountains, reaching a peak of 3000 m, on which a lot of glaciers still exist, and also valleys opening towards wide passes easily accessible.
The mountain range, sheltered from the oceanic rains by the Prealps and the Belledonne chain, is located in a little watered and sunny area.
The variety of its rocks (chalky, gypsum, sandstone, quartzite, schist, micaschist, gneiss...) is linked to a very complex geological structure, an altitudinal range and a position of climate crossroad which contribute to the remarkable geological, floristic and faunic richness of the mountain range.
Department : Savoie
Area : Heart : 535 km²
400 km of marked paths
Altitude in the heart : the highest : 3855 m (La Grande Casse) and the lowest : 1280 m
Joint limit with the Parco nazionale Gran Paradiso : 14 km.
The whole Parc national de la Vanoise - Parco nazionale Gran paradiso forms one of the biggest protected area of Western Europe, with 1250 km² . The two parks have been twins since 1972.
For more information, you can go to the park's website : http://www.vanoise-parcnational.fr/fr.
Download park map
is one of the finest and most iconic hiking trails in the Alps. The itinerary, at the heart of the Vanoise National Park, can be created "à la carte" over a period of 4 to 7 days, according to the route chosen.
Download topo : The Tour of the Vanoise glaciers
1) Bivouac is authorised on the following sites :
- Municipality of Aussois : the Dent Parrachée and the Fond d'Aussois mountain huts
- Municipality of Bonneval-sur-Arc : the Carro mountain hut
- Municipality of Champagny-en-Vanoise : the Glière mountain hut
- Municipality of Peisey-Nancroix : the Col du Palet mountain hut
- Municipality of Pralognan-la-Vanoise : the Valette mountain hut
- Municipality of Saint-Bon Tarentaise : the Lacs Merlet mountain hut
- Municipality of Termignon : the Arpont, Femma & Leisse mountain huts
- Municipality of Val d'Isère : the Fond des Fours mountain hut .
In the following cumulative conditions :
- In a light tent not allowing the standing position
- On the sites indicated for this purpose, in the limit of the accomodation capacity of those places
- During the summer season caretaking of each of the huts, between June 1st and September 30th
- Between 7 pm and 8 am
- For one night only close to the chosen mountain hut
People camping must see the mountain hut manager at their arrival in order to be told their spot.
Find out below the activities proposed each week by the National Park of Vanoise throughout the summer.
290 avenue Chasseforêt
73710 Pralognan-la-Vanoise, France
Tel: : + 33(0)4 79 08 79 08
© Pralognan-la-Vanoise 2016